Jet lag. I slept longer last night, but still woke up way early. Maybe it's because I didn't force myself to stay awake yesterday. I took a long nap in the middle of the day, while Oma was at her conference. I mentioned our hotel room is within a short walk of the train station. It appears to be a main rail line going through the area, because there are two tracks in each direction - one for local and one for high speed, long distance trains. They run day and night. We hear them when we're awake, but they don't bother us much at night, even though we kept the windows open. The picture shows one of the trains as it went by.
Because of the nap, yesterday wasn't terribly exciting for me. I explored the shops in the immediate area. In a sporting goods store I saw a can of four Wilson US Open balls for 89 Kronor - that is roughly $15. Ouch! The local bank has real estate ads posted in the window with prices comparable to Sacramento for the same size house.
Oma returned to the hotel from her conference around 4 PM. She was a little tired, but she persevered. The evening's activity was dinner at the conference site, the Swedish National Police Academy, with the 40 or so conference attendees and about half a dozen of their spouses. Dinner was served in old villa overlooking a serene lake was the site, with sunshine, blue skies and mild temperatures - an ideal setting. Oma was disappointed in the American food theme - barbequed ribs, corn on the cob, coleslaw and various salads, with apple crisp for dessert. It was very tasty, but she wanted authentic Swedish food. Fortunately, there will be other meals.
No comments:
Post a Comment