Monday, May 18, 2009

Half Dome is one of the most recognizeable of the many spectacular sights in Yosemite National Park. Yes, we were there today to take this picture. And the park is truly awesome. This time of year there is a lot of water going over the falls and down the rivers and creeks



Oma took a few minutes just to sit and rest while I hiked up to the bottom of Bridal Veil Falls. There was so much mist from the falling water that I couldn't take a very good picture.














El Capitan is another of the well known formations. And to think people actually climb up the vertical rock walls. Amazing!






The last picture is the boiling rapids of the Merced River near the entrance to the park. The water literally roars as it tumbles over the rocks in the riverbed.

We're going back into the park tomorrow to see more spectacular sights.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Beautiful pictures!! Someday I hope to make it over to Travis...

Sarah said...

Jealousy...that explains how I feel.